The Milton Menace are being hailed as the best Junior A hockey team, not just in Ontario, but in all of Canada!
The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) has released its latest Top 20 Rankings for all of its leagues across the country. It’s placed the Menace from the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL) in the top spot, as of October 16th. It cites the reasoning being Milton’s regulation dominance, boasting a 12-0-0-1 record, and for winning nine consecutive games.
The only the loss the Menace have suffered this season came in overtime to the Collingwood Blues at the OJHL Governors Showcase. The Blues ranked fifth in the rankings. Here’s a look at the full Top 20 list:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 16, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Milton Menace (OJHL) (6)
2. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
3. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (8)
4. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (2)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
6. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
7. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (3)
8. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (13)
9. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (11)
10. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (4)
11. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
12. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (16)
13. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (10)
14. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (HM)
15. Rockland Nationals (CCHL) (15)
16. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (18)
17. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (17)
18. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (HM)
19. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (HM)
20. Valley Wildcats (MHL) (19)
HONOURABLE MENTION: OCN Blizzard (MJHL); Renfrew Wolves (CCHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Collège Français Longueuil (LHJAAAQ); Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ).
The Milton Menace last played on Saturday, October 15th against the Aurora Tigers. Get their weekend recap here.
The team will head to Markham this Friday to take on the Royals. Puck drop at the Markham Centennial Centre on Friday, October 21st will be at 7:30 p.m.
The Menace next play at home on Sunday, October 23rd at 6:30 p.m. That’s against the Wellington Dukes. Menace home tickets for this OJHL season can be found here.